In addition to Applegate's premiere heating and cooling service for the Greater Lansing area, we also are proud to provide electrical service to our clients. Our electricians are trained to meet your needs and most importantly, Applegate has been doing this the right way since 1952. Here are some of the areas where we can help Lansing homeowners like you. Some of our electrical services include:
Residential Electrical Services for Lansing
- Electrical work for home additions or remodeling.
- Upgrading electrical panels or wiring.
- Installing and repairing generators.
- Electrical switches, outlets, and fixtures.
Applegate can help any homeowner with electrical service and repair for their home. We can help repair those light fixtures in your home, work on accent lighting, and more. One of the most popular services that we provide is appliance circuits. Dedicated circuits for appliances are a must with the electrical code. This keeps your stove, refrigerator, and other high-energy appliance at peak running efficiency. Many older homes do not have dedicated appliance circuits. Because of this, older homes with newer appliances may have problems with overloads. Modern kitchens may have anywhere from 4 to 6 dedicated appliance circuits. Our team can easily come in, look at your kitchen, and install the right setup for your needs. This is a great service if you are anticipating a new kitchen renovation or just want to upgrade your appliances in the near future. Some of the appliances that need dedicated circuits include:
Backup Generators for Greater Lansing
- Washer & Dryer
- Refrigerator and Freezer
- Electric Water Heater
- Microwave, depending upon the size.
- Garbage Disposal
- Air Conditioner
- Electric Ranges
Another electrical service that we provide for Lansing homeowners is backup generators. We carry Generac backup generators. If your power goes out due to a winter storm or provider blackout, Applegate has the abilities to give you the peace of mind that you need. Our backup generators are particularly beneficial for homeowners because they automatically switch on when the electrical grid goes out. With other types of generators, you have to manually turn them on and make sure they are running. Make the investment with Applegate and get peace of mind with our Generac backup generators.Your Home's Electrical Panel
What type of electrical panel do you need for your home? Applegate Home Comfort, serving all of Greater Lansing, can help you find the right electrical panel for your home and install it. Many older homes might have a fuse breaker. These are obsolete and we recommend updating to a modern electrical panel to make your home safer. A modern circuit breaker is designed to "trip" and protect your wiring from damage in the case of an overload. We can help you install the right main breaker and circuit breaker to make sure that your home's energy is running at peak efficiency.Common Electrical Problems Around the Home
Applegate can help solve a multitude of problems around the home. Here are frequent problems that we see around the home when we get called for service:
Call Applegate Home Comfort Today
- Frequent Electrical Surges: This can be caused by older wiring in the home.
- Sags and Dips in Power: These are likely caused by older wiring or too many devices connected to one outlet, like appliances.
- Light Switches Not Working: This is frequently a problem with dimmer switches and three-way witches.
- Circuit Breaker Tripping: This is most common when appliances do not have a dedicated panel.
- Circuit Overloads: This is frequently caused by too many devices being connected to one outlet. Adding new outlets can help.
- Lights to Bright or Dim: This can be caused by having different wattages in lights or wiring not being set up correctly.
- High Electric BIll: This is typically corrected with energy-efficient lighting and making sure the wiring in your home is up to code.
- Lights Burn Out Too Often: This is often caused by poor wiring or having too much wattage on one switch.
- Downlights Go Out Too Often: If you have recessed lights, like safety lights in your home, these might be going out too often. We can help check to make sure that insulation is not making the lights hot and that the right wattage of bulb is being used.
In addition to being Lansing's trusted heating and cooling provider, we are happy to provide electrical work for our clients. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment and we'll be out fast to get the job done right the first time.